Monday 5 September 2011

Development Blog - New Look Update

So today I have been continuing work on the branded site for New Look, and have now finished re-skinning the main pages, and have updated the CSS from our main site to factor in a different colour palette (black and white instead of varying shades of green).

I have now finished updating the majority of the styles that are still actively used on the pages, including redoing the top and bottom images from the card selection menu. While working on re-skinning the menu I came across an odd quirk of the system whereby the styling for the selected card category was updated via javascript, instead of via a class in the CSS.

For some reason copying the code from the main site to a new location has caused the preview builder to stop working correctly, and so most of today has been spent working out exactly why the preview is no longer correctly displayed, and updating the static page images to include the New Look logo on the back page, and the various possible gift cards on the inside left page.

Annoyingly it seems that at one point while re-skinning the editor and inserting a header image I managed to break it slightly, so that the properties pane for editable fields does not currently display when the linked field is clicked. As it turned out it was caused by a slight mix-up in the order that the javascript files were loaded, but having located the issue it was relatively quick to fix, and now the editor works correctly.

Eventually it seemed that the problem displaying the preview was localised to my computer, and must have been to do with something that had been set in the session. what that could be I'm not sure, as I've not updated the admin.ini in several days and I'm sure I've cleared the session several times since then.

Oh well, tomorrow will begin the final testing of the New Look re-skin, and then I will be moving on to another re-skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment